As a self-proclaimed pancake enthusiast, I have made it my duty to create the best protein pancake recipe and I think this is it!
There are a lot of recipes out there for protein pancakes, I’d know because I’ve tried most of them over the years!
Most are too “eggy”, too dense, or dry.
But not this recipe!
These pancakes may require a little more time than my old go-to “recipe”, which was store bought pancake mix and protein powder, but it is worth it!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
An added bonus, this recipe makes 12 pancakes!
You can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container and pop them in the toaster for the perfect quick breakfast for busy mornings!
The BEST Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1 vanilla premier protein shake
- 1.5 tbsp vinegar
- 150g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp splenda or sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix together protein shake and vinegar, set to the side and allow to thicken about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to protein mixture, mix thoroughly.
- Create a well into the center of your dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into the dry and then whisk the batter until combined.
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes while heating your lightly oiled frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan using a ¼ cup measuring cup or 2 scoops of an ice cream scoop.
- Cook your pancakes until lightly golden, you’ll know your pancake is ready to flip once bubbles start to form and pop.
- Top your pancakes with fruit, syrup, or butter!
Note: You can also add chocolate chips or blueberries to your batter!
Nutrition per pancake: 68 calories, 10g carbs, 1g fat, 5g protein